Everything you need to know if you want to sell at Pennant Car Boot
- Opening Times
- Every Sunday 8am - 1pm
Standard Pitch - £7
This is a cars width, selling out the back of the car
Large Pitch - £8
This is a larger pitch, the size of the length of a car. Vans, cars with single axle trailer or cars parked lengthways will be charged for a large pitch.
No need to book in advance. Simply turn up on the day and pay at the gate.
From time to time, we are asked to provide a free pitch for Charities. We are happy to provide one pitch per event for registered charities. We may ask for your documentation giving your charity registration number and status. We strongly advise you arrange this prior to the event to avoid disappointment.
- Rubbish / Waste
We do not have facilities for the disposal of rubbish or unwanted items, you must take these away with you. Any large items left behind is classed as 'fly tipping' and will be reported to the local authority.
- Hints & Tips:
If you're new to boot sales and have aren't sure what you might need then here is a quick list of some useful items, although not all are essential:
- Small Table - something like a pasting table is handy to display smaller items up off the floor
- A waterproof sheet such as a ground sheet or tarpaulin. This is useful for placing on the ground underneath your items, or as a cover if you encounter a rain shower. Please remember that we get heavy dew on the grass in spring and autumn months.
- Labels - It is important to price some items to give the buyers some idea what sort of prices you are charging for your items and will encourage them to ask prices of items which may not be labelled. Be careful though, too higher price will put people off, too cheap and you may need a large stick to beat off the buyers!
- Change - Be sure to bring some change with you, a few small notes and a selection of coins should suffice.
- If you are using a gazebo or tent, we would advise you try erecting it at home first rather than fight with it in front of a crowd. If the weather forecast is windy, then be sure to bring weights or pegs to hold it down.
- Weather - Please check the weather before coming. This will make sure you wear appropriate clothing and are prepared (for example: sun cream or rain covers).
Finally, from experience and speaking to our customers, it's not always the hot sunny holidays which are the most lucrative. Sometimes, less sellers means less competition and if there is nobody else there selling children’s items for example, you are likely to do better on a quiet day than a busier day with several selling children’s items.
We would recommend trying more than one weekend. Don't be put off or disheartened if you have a bad day, come back and try again. As stated above, there is lots to factor in, weather, competition, buyers and trying a second time (maybe reducing your prices very slightly) can (sometimes) make a big difference.
Useful information if you are planning on visiting Pennant Car Boot
- Opening Times
- Sundays 8am - 1pm
- Entry Fee
- 50p per car
- Our site is wheelchair friendly, flat with disabled toilet facilities
- Dogs are allowed provided that they are kept on a lead (and please clear up after them)
- Private off-road parking for up to 350 cars
- Children's play area
- Catering van serving hot drinks, hot food as well as cold drinks
- Toilets - Clean, well maintained toilets installed in 2017
- Other Information
- We ask that buyers who are there early respect the sellers wishes while they unpack their cars. It is extremely distruptive having buyers rumaging through their items before they are ready to sell. We don't want to have to stagger opening times for buyers and sellers but we may have to if we continue to receive complaints.